With so many types of jeans to choose from, Claire Fabb from Style by Yellow Button provides her six golden rules below to help you don your denim in style.
|Claire Fabb from Style by Yellow Button|
2. Flares. This look is back and it’s the easiest way to look taller or slimmer. Simply wear flares with a heel or boot to add elevation.
3. Cropped. I’m loving the French inspired crop jean at the moment - it’s very Jane Birkin from back in the day! The important thing for this look is that less is more. If you’re donning this look wear it with a small pump or basic ballet slipper. Cropped jeans should be a staple coming into summer.
4. Frayed Hem. These jeans are another gorgeous look, especially if it’s going to be a sunny afternoon as they look best when showing a bit of bare skin. Wear with a simple sandal and have your ankle showing for understated cool elegance. The perfect tran-seasonal look.
5. Jean & Sneaker Combo. The sporty look is fashion forward. This looks best with a cropped jean as you want to avoid the Jerry Seinfeld look. Wearing with a simple white sneaker is a good look however feel free to play around as there are some cool sneakers around at the moment. Why not try a bold gold or even a pattern?!
6. Don’t forget to donate. While we might get caught up in the style of it all, it’s important to remember the reason you’re sporting your denim on Aug 5. Donating is easy. All you have to do is text the word ‘jeans’ to 1997 6484. A $5 donation will go directly to the charity and will automatically get added to your phone bill. Simple!