:: Retrash.com on Kickstarter ::
Born from the website retrash.com, this is not an overnight project, but is one that has taken three years to develop. Retrash brings the best upcycling and environmentally focused ideas, aiming to inspire others to reduce consumption of new materials.
On the fashion front, there is a dedicated section in Retrash focused on fabric and fashion. The artists in collaboration within this chapter are:
- Lanni Lantto - Michigan United States
- Brady-Anne Cushing - Bath ME United States
- Heather Givans - Indianapolis United States
- Jody Wickel - Oklahoma United States
- Morgan Wills - Ballarat Australia
- Danette Rowse - Blue Mountains Australia
- Margeaux Davis - Dunoon Australia
- Rosie Pascoe - Blue Mountains Australia
- Jenelle Montilone - New York United States
- Diana Hennick - Seattle United States
- Marylou DiPietro - Harrisville United States
- Jennifer Lara - Colorado United States
Retrash is finished, ready for print and will be published in New York. The book will retail for $39.95 but Kickstarter backers can back the project for $35 and receive a copy with free shipping worldwide.
This 30 day Kickstarter campaign aims to make Retrash accessible to as many people as possible, and hopes to raise $33,400 USD to print and distribute 5,000 copies.
If you are interested in backing Retrash on Kickstarter you can do so here, and you can follow the Retrash.com community here.
Disclaimer: this blog post is not sponsored, Nathan Devine (Founder of Retrash) has no clue who I am, I just happen to think his book sounds ace!