Once unraveled, I soon realised I had metres of the stuff, I haven't actually calculated how much of it I have, but it is a lot. The fabric is polyester, but the quality is good, screen printed in Japan.
Going back to one of my first ever pieces made from scratch; a tunic made from a sheet, I've used the same 1980's eBay'd sewing pattern to make another tunic dress for myself out of this super material.
Once again, I did not go with the contrast angular panels as seen in the pattern image, instead taping the tissue pattern pieces together to cut the tunic front whole.
The entire tunic took me 2.5 hours from beginning to end. It is a simple pattern, and easy to sew, I added a further half an hour onto my time as I decided to make a matching sash belt. As it turns out, the tunic looks better without the belt:
Tunic with sash belt
Tunic with sash from the back
Tunic without sash
Covering the bump, for now, not for too long though
I wore it to the Creative SustainAbility exhibition opening last night in St Kilda, where my upcycled upholstery sample patch dress and zipper brooches are on display in the St Kilda Town Hall Gallery. I will be writing a separate blog post on the exhibition opening night shortly:
Shared with Visible Monday , The Thrift Collective and Handmaker's Factory.